As DevOps Manager you will be leading a team of 6 DevOps and QA engineers (of varying seniority) working together with the latest tools to help deploy, monitor and test our world class market research SaaS platform with the aim of delivering innovative solutions to our long list of global clients more efficiently, more frequently whilst still maintaining quality.
The ideal candidate will have recent experience of leading and line managing a team of engineers and have had a hands-on role in your recent past where you have worked in a DevOps capacity on large scale web applications.
You will also have a deep interest in your work and community and enjoy being given challenges.
You and your team will be given the opportunities to innovate and encouraged to participate in rapid prototyping, hackathons and a culture that accepts that some mistakes and failures are a natural result of moving fast, being agile and on the bleeding edge.
This role will include:
- Leading a multi-disciplined team, taking an active role in line managing, coaching and motivating the team
- Working with colleagues in Engineering and Infrastructure to ensure that system developments are provisioned, deployed, tested and monitored
- Working closely alongside the team to achieve the team goals and will assist others to ensure the team’s actions are successfully completed
- Tracking and reporting of KPIs using measurable mechanisms to ensure stakeholder visibility
- Help to remove blockers and impediments for your team
- Getting your hands dirty with more operational technical duties, including opportunities to contribute directly to our code base
- Managing, motivating and inspiring the team whilst energising and communicating vision
- Actively encouraging and supporting cross team collaboration
- Ensuring that team members are following DevOps best practices and procedures
- Facilitating the creation and maintenance of “DevOps culture” among our engineers
- Performing performance reviews & setting objectives; recruiting new team members
You’d have these skills:
- Ability to report and monitor team progress
- Ability to coach other team members and review their work
- Ability to take a lead role and motivate others against given or self-set objectives
- Clear and concise communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience of containerisation and how its concepts can be applied to development, CI and production
- Experience of deploying, hosting, automated testing and monitoring web applications deployed on Linux hosts
- Experience or desire to work in a “testing culture”; experience of TDD, BDD and Continuous Integration
- Ability and enthusiasm to adapt to today’s fast-changing technical landscape
You’d be perfect if:
- You have a strong knowledge and experience of using Agile software development practises and how these integrate with DevOps
- You have originally come from a development background or at least have understanding of programming fundamentals
- You hold 4+ years’ experience in provisioning, deploying, testing and monitoring complex commercial web applications
- You possess 2+ years’ experience leading a team of engineers
- You have broad experience in a number of industry-standard DevOps toolsets and environments
- You are degree qualified in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related subject
Working at Maru/edr
In return for your hard work, you’ll receive a competitive benefits package and excellent career progression opportunities.