Senior Software Engineer
We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer with strong OO experience in PHP (or another OO language), matched with good communication skills and excellent analytical and problem-solving ability – To lead a squad of up to 4 developers and tester that delivers new user and client-facing technologies based on our world-class research platform, including advanced web applications and complex data processing scripts, by managing the design process and by implementing, both directly and through delegation to other developers.
You and your team will be given the opportunities to innovate and encouraged to participate in rapid prototyping, hackathons and a culture that accepts that some mistakes and failures are a natural result of moving fast, being agile and on the bleeding edge.
The successful candidate will be joining one of the 3 product teams within our talented software engineering team working alongside the research, operational and design teams on a day to day basis.
With so many emerging technical companies out there, it’s important you join the right one. At Maru/edr, we offer a technical career filled with opportunity and possibility. You’ll join a growing team of engineers as we build a research platform designed for the future. But what’s it really like to work at Maru/edr?
Our culture is open and collaborative plus you’ll get to work in an open-plan office with lots of like-minded individuals. Joining Maru/edr’s technical division is an opportunity to help shape the direction and development of some truly unique and advanced feedback systems used to provide actionable insight to some of the world’s most recognised brands. It’s an exciting time for us at Maru/edr and an ideal time to join our expanding team where you will have the opportunity to grow both professionally and personally.
Working here is not like working in an ordinary bluechip organisation. Whether it’s our enthusiastic and passionate people, our company events such as Hackathons, Charity events, Board game nights, End of quarter pub launches …, we strive to surpass expectation an celebrate what makes us unique.
You’d have these skills:
- Proficient experience in developing web applications using PHP Frameworks (Zend, Symphony, Slim, …)
- Experience of Microservice architecture, its differences to SOA, and its benefits and potential pitfalls
- Passion for IT and web technologies, sharing your knowledge and mentoring others
- Clear and concise communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to decompose developments into architectural chunks and delegate work to others
- Practical knowledge of TDD and BDD
- Keen interest in continuous integration process and deployment platform such as Docker
- Ability and enthusiasm to adapt to today’s fast-changing technical landscape
- Knowledge and experience of using Agile software development practices, experience of Xtreme Programming
- Appreciation of standard software engineering design patterns (visitor, singleton, observer, factory, etc).
- Expert in crafting efficient SQL for development and diagnostic purposes
- Expert in using modern version control system (e.g. Git) including knowledge of branching, tags and integration into other processes
- Prior line management responsibility is a bonus
Working at Maru/edr
In return for your hard work, you’ll receive a competitive benefits package and excellent career progression opportunities.