Linux System Administrator / Engineer
We’re looking for a Linux Systems Administrator / Engineer to join our existing DevOps team. You will be responsible for the maintenance and operation for our estate of Linux physical and virtual machines, as well as troubleshooting and resolving installation, implementation, and production issues. You will work across both technical operations and engineering, as we strive to create and deploy the most highly regarded customer feedback software platform in the world.
With so many emerging technology companies out there, it’s important you join the right one. At Maru/edr, we offer a technical career filled with opportunity and possibility. You’ll join a highly-skilled team of engineering professionals, as we build a research platform designed for the future.
But what’s it really like to work at Maru/edr?
Our culture is open and collaborative plus you’ll get to work in an open-plan office with lots of like-minded individuals. Joining Maru/edr’s technical division is an opportunity to help shape the direction and development of some truly unique and advanced feedback systems used to provide actionable insight to some of the world’s most recognised brands. It’s an exciting time for us at Maru/edr and an ideal time to join our expanding team where you will have the opportunity to grow both professionally and personally.
Working here is not like working in an ordinary bluechip organisation. Whether it’s our enthusiastic and passionate people, our company events such as Hackathons, Charity events, Board game nights, or our end of quarter pub launches … we strive to surpass expectation and celebrate what makes us unique.
As a Linux Systems Administrator, you will be joining a technical team of more than 30 members most of which are based in the Southampton office as well as our other offices across the world. The team consists of product managers, software engineers, testers, SCRUM Masters and DevOps engineers working together with the latest tools to help build, deploy, monitor, test and run our world-class market research SaaS platform, with the aim of delivering innovative solutions to our long list of global clients more efficiently, more frequently whilst still maintaining quality.
The ideal candidate will have some experience of working with web applications. You will also have a deep interest in your work and community, and enjoy being given challenges. You will be given the opportunity to innovate and encouraged to participate in rapid prototyping, hackathons, and a culture that accepts that some mistakes and failures are a natural result of moving fast, being agile and on the bleeding edge.
You’d be perfect if:
- You have a Computer Science (or related) degree or 1-2 years of commercial experience in a similar role
- You have experience with RedHat-based Linux distributions (bonus if you have RHCSA or RHCE certification)
- You are able to write simple scripts to automate mundane tasks (Bash, PHP, Python, etc.)
- You have experience hosting database-driven web applications
- You have experience with or desire to learn configuration management tools (i.e. Puppet, Ansible)
- You have experience with containers (Docker and/or Kubernetes) and cloud computing (extra points for AWS certifications)
You’d have these skills:
- Clear and concise communication skills (verbal and written)
- Able to explain technical concepts to non-technical users
- Able to write technical documentation and comfortable sharing knowledge.
- Able to adapt to, and be enthusiastic about, today’s fast-changing technical landscape
- Able to triage and prioritise issues
- Troubleshooting and resolving installation, implementation, and production issues
- Operating and managing our development, testing and production environments based across UK and North America on a mix of physical and virtual infrastructure
- Organising and documenting known solutions for internal collaboration and public consumption
- Delivering world-class support to our customers and partners by being responsive, proactive, and professional in all interactions
Working at Maru/edr
In return for your hard work, you’ll receive a competitive benefits package and excellent career progression opportunities.
At Maru/edr we want to give exceptional candidates the opportunity to succeed. Alongside our host of benefits, you will join an exciting and dynamic global technology company alongside a diverse and vibrant team. If this sounds like your kind of place, get in touch. Send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.